NYC Counseling Services for Couples, Individuals, & Groups
NYC Counseling Services for Couples, Individuals & Groups
Individual Therapy | Marital and Couples Therapy | Group Psychotherapy
Does this sound familiar?
- You have been feeling persistent sadness and you’re not sure what to do about feeling so depressed.
- You’re struggling with anxiety, panic attacks, OCD, agoraphobia or overwhelming stress.
- You’re unhappy in your marriage or relationship and need help with communication and conflict.
- You suffered the loss of a partner, spouse or loved one and need help with the sadness and grief.
- You’re looking for more meaning in life and want help with personal growth and feeling more alive.
- You’ve been or are going through a difficult time in your life and need help getting to a better place.
Our Westchester & NYC Counseling Services
At the Gestalt Therapy Institute, we have worked closely with people who came to us for help with similar issues. Alan Cohen and Connie Newman have been providing therapy to couples and individuals in New York City and throughout the metropolitan NYC area since 1986. Alan and Connie have a combined 75 years of clinical practice, including community mental health, residential treatment, private practice. Please read more below about our therapy services.
Our therapy services include:
- Individual Therapy—We provide therapy for men and women struggling with anxiety, depression, sleep or eating disorders, grief, low self-esteem, relationship or work problems, and others.
- Marriage Counseling / Couples Therapy—Our couples therapy helps couples with communication and focus on how you interact as much as the particulars of what you interact about. We help partners to understand and see beyond their individual issues so that they can work to improve their relationship.
- Group Psychotherapy—We facilitate group Gestalt therapy sessions, where people can draw strength and support from others experiencing similar challenges. We offer hot seat group therapy, where we focus on a single person at a time, and we also offer interactive group therapy, where we seek to initiate and deepen dialogue between group members.
Contact Us Let us know how we can help you. Please contact us by e-mail or if it is easier for you, call us in New York City at 212-679-2424 or in our Scarsdale office at 914-472-9878.
Alan Cohen, MSW, LCSW, LP, ACSW, BCD | Connie Newman, MA, LCAT, LMHC, LP, NCC
Offices in Westchester and in New York City
-Reconnect with the Experience of Aliveness-